Artikel der Marke Quinta Nova Nossa Senhora do Carmo
The Quinta Nova of Nossa Senhora do Carmo is a place of extreme beauty, in the heart of the Douro, and owned by the Amorim family since 1999.
The connection of the family to wine comes from a distance, through its connection to the exporting houses of Vila Nova de Gaia, through the cork business, but on that date this connection resulted in the realization of a dream and the project is now in the hands of the 4th generation of the family.
With a history of more than 250 years, the farmhouse displays a conserved moth and the original 1764 cellar building after interventions by the architect Arnaldo Barbosa.
But the farmhouse is much earlier than 1764 and history confirms it as a large land belonging to the Portuguese Royal Household, and its first owner was identified in 1725. The winery made more than 3,500 kites of wine from neighboring plots and farms, integrated into the first demarcation of the region '. The historical sites that are still preserved today give an impression of this historical importance.
The enterprising and visionary spirit of the family, however, made the difference because, together with a passionate bet in the future, they determined the beginning of multiple changes for a path of oenological excellence.