Artikel der Marke Aliança Vinhos de Portugal
It was in 1927 that 11 associates led by Domingos Silva and Ângelo Neves decided to found, in Sangalhos (Anadia), the Alliance, which already has more than 80 years of life.
In 2007, Bacalhôa Vinhos de Portugal acquired the majority share capital of the Aliança, becoming part of the Bacalhôa Group, and the social designation of Caves Aliança SA was changed to Aliança Vinhos de Portugal SA, at which time a institutional image.
The wines of the Alliance, such as Quinta dos Quatro Ventos, Quinta da Garrida, Quinta da Terrugem and Quinta das Baceladas, have already received several national and international awards, and the company was considered in 2005 by the prestigious US magazine Wine Spectator, one of the 20 best companies in the sector worldwide. The only one of the Iberian Peninsula included in this classification.
Recent investments have been made with the restoration of the facilities at Sangalhos and the inauguration of the Alliance Underground Museum. An exhibition space, which develops along the traditional Aliança Vinhos de Portugal cellars and covers areas such as archeology, ethnography, mineralogy, paleontology, tiles and ceramics, covering an impressive time span with millions of years.