Artikel der Marke Júlio Bastos
Located in the city of Estremoz in the Portuguese region of North Alentejo.
This palatial house from the beginning of the 18th century is now a reference point, not only for its beauty but also for its history and the quality of the wines it has always produced. Its interior is rich in 18th-century azulejos, and the typical marble of the region is also found everywhere. According to the story, the Quinta was acquired in times by D. João V to offer a courtesan, D. Maria, for whom he was hopelessly in love.
It was this courtesan who named the Quinta and the wine that is produced here. This Quinta is also known as Quinta do Carmo, because at a time after the construction of the house, a chapel dating from 1752 was built, dedicated and consecrated to Nossa Senhora do Carmo.