Artikel der Marke Casa Ermelinda Freitas
The company, started in 1920 by Deonilde Freitas, continued by Germana Freitas and later by Ermelinda Freitas, has always paid special attention to wine.
Due to the early disappearance of her husband, Manuel João de Freitas, Ermelinda gave continuity to the company with the help of her only daughter, Leonor, who, although trained outside the winemaking area, took the lead in the company, reinforcing the female presence in her management.
Since the first generation this house bets on the quality of the vineyards and wines, which were initially produced and sold in bulk without own brand. It was with the current management that the great change took place to create own brands. Thus, in 1997, a new cycle began with "Terras do Pó" red, the first wine produced and bottled Ermelinda Freitas House.
For the work developed, Leonor Freitas was awarded on June 10, 2009 with the commendation of the Order of Merit Agricultural, Commercial and Industrial Agricultural Merit Class Comendador by His Excellency the President of the Republic Aníbal Cavaco Silva.