Artikel der Marke Quinta de Santiago
The Quinta de Santiago, built in 1899, belonged to the ancestors of Maria de Lima Esteves Santiago and remains to this day in the possession of their descendants. Located in Monção Vila Raiana Portuguesa, in the Sub-Region of Monção and Melgaço, the Quinta has 9 hectares, 6 of which are planted with vines aged 3 to 9 years, exclusively in loamy loam soils.
For about 100 years Quinta de Santiago's main activity was the production of wines, olive oil, lupins, cereals, fruit, etc. for self consumption.
In 2009, by the hand of the grandson and great grandchildren of the initial proprietor and with the secular tradition of wine production, the family decided to dedicate its life to the production, bottling and commercialization of wines with their own brand.
It was in that same year that a deep restructuring of the vineyards began, with the main objectives being the production of Alvarinho monocasta and the use of planting and conduction systems that would allow a better vegetative development.
The new vineyards were planted in clearly defined areas, breaking with the tradition of mixing different varieties on the same plot.
With the homogenization of treatment, maturation and picking times, the improvement of process efficiency is evident, resulting in a production that is much more constant, controllable and economically more efficient.
The old wine cellar located below the house now serves as a backdrop for gastronomic lunches and tastings by visitors.
The new cellar, whose construction starts in 2013, and which ends at the end of 2014, combines the most advanced technology with a high quality architecture, which makes it one of the places to visit.