List of products by brand Quinta dos Frades
Quinta dos Frades, originally called Quinta da Folgosa, as mentioned in the oldest documents, is located in the parish of Folgosa, in the municipality of Armamar.
Its origins date back to the 13th century and were donated to the monks of the Monastery of Santa Maria de Salzedas in 1256, as evidenced by the two Coats of the Autonomous Congregation of the Cistercians of São Bernardo de Alcobaça, which the fifth owns. It was one of the richest and most productive farms in this Monastery.
In 1941, Comendador Delfim Ferreira, an important industrialist and promoter of the Portuguese economy, acquires the Quinta dos Frades, carrying out a rehabilitation project of the same, authored by the architect Rogério de Azevedo, also responsible for the project of the emblematic Hotel Infante Sagres , built by Delfim Ferreira. The farm was now equipped with modern production and leisure facilities and Delfim Ferreira also introduced the method of planting free-range vineyards.
Already in the 70's of the twentieth century the Quinta dos Frades sees its area reduced by the construction of the Bagaúste Dam and by the diversion works of EN 222, having been expropriated a large area including the lands below the plot where the most old. Currently the fifth has about 200 hectares of area.
After decades of producing for other wine exporting houses and a period of restructuring, finally in 2008 the great grandchildren of Delfim Ferreira, taking advantage of the potential of the vineyards of the farm, begin a project to produce the first table wine with the brand "Quinta dos Frades ", counting with more brands and a special edition dedicated to the Commander Delfim Ferreira.