Vértice Cuvée 2011 Sparkling White Wine
The grapes originate in the cooler areas of the Douro, 550 meters away. After fermentation at low temperature, the wine remained in the fine sediment (battonage) for 3 months in order to increase the complexity. The final blend was prepared with second fermentation in a bottle, according to the champenoise method. Perfect as an aperitif or accompanying various appetizers.
As a result of the brilliant alliance between the classic tradition of natural sparkling wines (la Méthode Champenoise) and the oldest wine region in the world, VÉRTICE is the celebration of quality, both in the accompaniment of a meal of refinement and also in the bow of a singular aperitif.
- Gouveio, Malvasia Fina, Rabigato, Viosinho, Códega and Touriga Franca
- Wine Maker
- Celso Pereira
- Tasting Notes
- The palate reveals light and complex flavors of fruit and a nice tang of enlivening acidity, leaving in the mouth a delicate flavor and prolonged
- Tropical salad with shrimp, Cod with Cornbread
- Bottle Size
- 750 ml
- After fermentation at low temperature, the wine remained on fine sediment (battonage) for 3 months in order to increase complexity. The final blend was prepared with second fermentation in bottle, according to the champenoise method.
- 18 months
- 88 Points, Robert Parker`s Wine Advocate - August 2014;Silver Medal at the International Wine Challenge 2014;Silver Medal - 2014 Champagne and Sparkling Wine World Championships;17 out of 20 in Wine Magazine # 300, November 2014;
You might also like